Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mission Booth and Colorado Family Visit

JoAnne and I formally announced our Call and scheduled Mission service with Flying Mission of Botswana and Zambia, Africa. We are blessed to have Ustick Baptist Church as our sending Church family.








We traveled to Colorado to say goodbye to family before we move to Africa. This is a picture with Colorado, Kentucky, and Tennessee family in front of the Air Force Academy Chapel.
















We all rode the cog-train to the top of Pikes Peak at 14,100 feet where we were greeted with wind, snow, and cloud cover. Nothing like a "Rocky Mountain High." Ps. 90:2 "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God."










We also visited the red sandstone formations at the Garden of the Gods, in Colorado Springs. When I was in High School I used to climb on these rock walls.
This weekend is our UBC Church parking lot sale on Saturday, July 11th followed by a missionary commissioning service on July 12th at 1100am. We hope to see you there.